The Albany Returned and Services League (RSL) are a support organisation for men and women who have served or are serving in the Defence Force.
The RSL’s objective is to serve the interests of its members, veterans, the ex-service community and members of the Australian Defence Force.
The RSL provide an annual program of events on Anzac Day to pay respects and commemorate those who served in WW1.
RSL Anzac Day Events
4:15am-5:30am ANZAC DAY DAWN SERVICE – LIVE SITE SIMULCASTS
- The Dawn Service will be simulcast live at three locations: Albany Entertainment Centre, Anzac Peace Park and Anzac Albany Festival at the National Anzac Centre grounds.
5:30am ANZAC DAY DAWN SERVICE
- The traditional Dawn Service will be at the Desert Mounted Corps Memorial. Like previous years this is a non-ticketed event with free buses available from the Albany Entertainment Centre and Middleton Beach between 3:00-5:00am (or while there is capacity at the Memorial). Capacity at the Memorial is limited. Patrons are advised to get a bus early, or consider attending one of the live sites instead.
6:00am-8:30am ANZAC DAY GUNFIRE BREAKFAST
- The traditional Gunfire Breakfast will be held outside the Albany Entertainment Centre.
- Gold coin donation
10:00am-10:30am ANZAC DAY PARADE
- Albany Light Horse, Military Vehicles, Defence Forces and Ex-service personnel from various contingents assemble outside Albany Town Hall and parade down historic York Street into Anzac Peace Park.
10:30am-noon ANZAC DAY SERVICE
- The traditional Anzac Day Memorial Service at Anzac Peace Park.